Monday, February 27, 2012

Fancy Dress

My ears are bleeding and I have consequently tuned out of my hated Renaissance class, turned my computer to record and gone on an adventure to a land of where Billy Crystal reigns, where there are always sequinned dresses and naked gold statuettes for all... but not really.

I only really care about the Oscars for the red carpet. The day after I may check over the winners maybe have a little discussion with myself about who should have won, but thats about it. This year seemed pretty safe. No swan dresses (Bjork and Cate Blanchett), no Haider Ackermann (Tilda), no... surprises. But anyway here are some of the night's best:

Trend: Whiteout
Rooney Mara continued her streak of edgy red carpet dresses in this stunning Givenchy Couture. Shailene Woodley looked grand in her Valentino Couture sheath, I like that she covered up and left a little to the imagination! Gwyneth Paltrow's cape didn't win her many fans but she looked statuesque in this Tom Ford gown from his recent collection. And Mila Jovovich surprised me yet again (I thought she was only good at killing zombies or whatnot) in her sequinned Elie Saab Couture confection.

Trend: Sing to me of Black and Gold, Sam Sparro
Anna Faris just looks adorable with her blonde bowl cut and DVF sequinned sheath. Jessica Chastain wins look of the night for me in her amazing gold embroidered Alexander McQueen gown. Despite thinking she has no talent, Angelina Jolie looked great in a sexy Atelier Versace creation. And Meryl Streep managed to match her Oscar in this lovely draped, lame Lanvin.

Mini Trend: Make mine Mint
I'm really in the mood to see The Artist and it's female lead Berenice Bejo nailed this Elie Saab dress in a faint mint along with Maria Menounos who looked very old Hollywood in her dusty mint Maria Lucia Hoha chiffon dress. 


And all those other winners
 Kristen Wigg was nice in her neutral J. Mendel while Emma Stone's crimson Giambattista Valli Couture dress dulled the redness of the red carpet.

Leslie Mann looked great in her royal blue Roberto Cavalli gown with light sequinned detail and then Elizabeth Banks stole the show at the Vanity Fair after party in an odd spotty green dress with strange feathered detail, but I loved it.

Oh and voila, class is over. Score!

- Life is good




Listening to: the dullest lecturer on the planet destroying my love for the Renaissance
Observations: I hate this class
Craving: Anywhere but here and some moisturizer

No comments:

Post a Comment