Thursday, March 3, 2011

Bryan Adams has clearly never tried on Burberry

My dad met Bryan Adams over Reading Week... yeah, I know, it's so bloody unfair. Dad being the talker that he is apparently broke the ice by going 'Hi Mr. Adams, I'm Sammy from Canada'. WOW. He then proceeded to sweet talk an autograph for his 'two daughters at home who are huge fans'. And that part is very very very true. I love Bryan Adams.

On November 5th 2008, my entire family and I took a trek to the big city to see the talented Mr. Adams at the O2 Arena and it was AWESOME! That was a pretty special day not only because we got to see him in concert but:
A) It was his birthday... 18,000 of us sang happy birthday to him
B) It was Guy Fawkes day... you know, Remember remember the 5th of November
C) It was the day Obama won the Presidential election
He's so wicked, yet slightly small in stature, he's only an inch and a half taller than me (he's 5 ft 7.5). Anyway, if you don't know the song Summer of 69 you haven't lived cause it's uber famous but he's also responsible for the hit that inspired today's issue.

When I was little I used to belt The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You in the car on the way to daycare... yeah not the most PG song for a four year old, but in the song Adams laments that:
Well, I don't look good in no Armani suits,
No Gucci shoes or designer boots.

I've tried the latest lines from A to Z, 
But there's just one thing that looks good on me.

Well I'm not sure if he's ever tried on Burberry cause if so he probably wouldn't have written the song, or the title would be something like:
The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is What You Have On, That Happens To Also Match What I'm Wearing... Ergo The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is Already On You.

But surely that wouldn't fit on the back of a CD.

I'm slightly premature in this but the Burberry Fall 2011 men and women collections were shown recently and they seem to play off one another extremely well. It's almost as though Christopher Bailey wants to see couples everywhere dressing like one another which is practically vomilicious. There are coats of every color to brighten up even the darkest most dreary British winter, so without further ado... pretend shop away




It's almost sickening, I don't think I could handle beautiful people marching around in these beautiful clothes, but in pairs, it would kill me. There is only so much awesome coat I can handle. But in all seriousness, Bailey has worked his magic again and maybe, just maybe, this clever plot is to get William & Kate to wear a pair of matching Burberry coats while out and about. Can you imagine the magic it would do for sales.

It's been a while since McQueen was dragged into a post of mine. The next Sarah Burton show is coming up in the coming week and I'm totally stoked, especially after the Pre-Fall womenswear collection which did something similar to the menswear collection.

Actually it was exactly the same... She opened her fall menswear collection with this military coat that was immediately followed up by a pre fall womenswear collection which was also opened with the exact same coat. Awesome.

I could use a good coat right now, it's bloody cold today.


- Life is good

Listening to: 'Fits You Good' and 'The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You' - Bryan Adams
Observations: 2010 Winter Olympic recap videos make me so proud
Craving: not so much craving, but would welcome the arrival of a 24 of Sleeman at my door right about now

No comments:

Post a Comment