Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Storyboard

At this moment in time, words are not particularly effective as it's early so I'll let pictures do the talking. If my brain could tell a story, this is what the picture book would look like:
Meret Oppenheim's 'My Nurse' is such a simple, yet a brilliant Surrealist sculpture that requires you to look at it several times to see beyond what is there... 
I leave you with Dr. Seuss to see what is hidden.

A new name I've discovered on the jewelry scene is Eddie Borgo, a runner up for the 2010 CFDA Awards. His Fall 2011 collection is a brilliant homage to the insect world as demonstrated by his epic praying mantis earrings.


I found this image on the New York Magazine Fashion website and thought it was just dandy... no explanation needed really.

This is how Alexander McQueen dresses should be showcased, thank you Vogue.


Gotta love me some modern art courtesy of  Julian Opie. Famous for the cover of Blur's Greatest Hits album his faceless stick figures are still iconic and can be found in cities around the world.


One more McQueen for the road... skulls and sequins


And last but least, THIS is why I want to be sitting on the front row one day. This Gucci dress, worn by model Abbey Lee Kershaw looks like poetry in motion as it sweeps down the darkened runway. The picture only gets better when you see the inimitable Anna Wintour sitting as blasé as can be and then down the row is W's Stefano Tonchi, how I love important editors.

Anyhow, time is a wasting and I am starving... on to breakfast and the next post.


- Life is good


[Meret Oppenheim, Eddie Borgo, Glamazon, McQueen, Julian OpieClutchGucci Runway,]


Listening to: 'Let Go' - Frou Frou
Observations: Can it please get any bloody warmer?! And RIP Elizabeth Taylor
Craving: Breakfast, nom nom

No comments:

Post a Comment