Saturday, December 10, 2011

Storyboard VIII

It's that time again. Found me some interesting things. This time round though, it's heavier on the videos. Enjoy!


We just looked at the lovely Rooney Mara, but here she is again covering Dazed and Confused looking wonderfully serene in what looks like one of those Alexander McQueen Spring 2012 headpieces. Instant win.


I don't have enough good things to say about Beyonce. Here she is covering Dazed and Confused, but she could not look any more different than Rooney. Here she is over the top, divalicious and rocking Givenchy like a boss.

This film and this soundtrack make me feel small... like a speck of dust in the universe small. One of my favourite films of the year, yeah it is kinda pretentious and often has no dialogue, but the imagery is stunning. Hoping it's going to be up for an Oscar for Best Picture.



I've had a whole archive of behind the scenes photos from the Savage Beauty exhibition by the Met. This is my favourite because of the beauty of the skull clutch in contrast with the unfinished work going on in the background. Must love studs and skulls.


This is another video that makes me feel small in the scheme of the universe. I would very much like to see the Aurora Borealis now. Richard Branson take me to space please?



I love art and I love fashion. More specifically I love Renaissance art and I love McQueen's fashions. Laura Stone looks powerful and gorgeous in this dominatrix/ bondage dress by Burton. Couldn't tell you what fresco or painting is behind her but I love the contrast.



I'm pretty sure we're all excited for the Hunger Games film adaptation to hit screens this summer. It truly does look amazing although I probably should read the books first (they're on my Christmas list, I swear). Anyway, Instyle has asked ten designers to design their version of the Fire Dress for Catniss. Here are BCBG Generation, Tibi and Charlotte Ronson's very different takes on the heroine's dress. 



Pure genius. The arts/entertainment/fashion magazine at Queen's posted this on their Facebook and I thought I needed to re-post it. In order to attempt to replicate these... I'm off to buy a man's shirt.



The 2012 Pirelli Calendar was released the other day and at the after-party Natasha Poly turner up in this Tom Ford creation. I guess I'm including it because I knew straight off the bat who the designer was, even though he shows his collections in his über exclusive showings.

[Rooney Mara, Tree of Life, Spacce, Tom Ford, Natasha Poly, Hunger GamesMan's Shirt, Laura Stone and Beyonce on Fashiongonerogue and McQueen on Vogue.com]


- Life is good

Listening to: 'Stargazing' - Native Rush (song from Man's shirt video)
Observations: Wicked return to the pub yesterday
Craving: My Gender and Modernism paper to evaporate

No comments:

Post a Comment