Saturday, April 3, 2010

There is a reality TV God!

Ok I'm busy busy busy today but I finally saw the latest episode of 'Project Runway', my latest obsession. And it was, by far, the best part of my week.


Last week the eliminated designer was my personal favorite: Anthony Williams, from Georgia. He was the sweetest, funniest, most charming and excitable person I've ever laid eyes on. I just really wish he would be the Will to my Grace or maybe we could even be Karen and Jack (minus the screeching voice and multiple husbands on my part).

Anyway, I was overwhelmed when during this week's episode another designer Maya (whose design aesthetic was fabulous) dropped out. I'll miss Maya but, it's only fair that they bring back the last contestant eliminated and ergo... YAY ANTHONY CAME BACK! It was a joyous occasion to hear that glorious accent shriek 'Miss thing is back.' It was music to my ears.

And, what a better way to make a statement than win the challenge: Creating a red carpet look for Heidi. Both Anthony and Emilio won the challenge. Emilio is the designer I believe to be this season's powerhouse and I would be deeply troubled if he did not win (though I hope for Anthony to be a close second).

Anyway here's a peek at the two winning dresses:
This was Emilio's interpretation of red carpet wear and for this I think he deserves Bryant Park on a platter. His mastery of the craft is so evident in his construction of the bodice and it literally hugs the model in the perfect way.

Jessica Alba, the guest judge, requested that she be allowed to wear Anthony's dress on the red-carpet. This rippling masterpiece was just perfection and I will be keeping my eyes peeled for Jessica in this.
- Both photos are from NY magazine fashion.com

By the way, this is Anthony
- Project runway website (mylifetime.com)

Isn't he the cutest ever! I just want to hug him all day long and listen to his witticisms.

Anyway, today is the third beautiful day in a row and I may have gotten a slight dose of color. Score!

- Life is good

Listening to: Rusted Roots - 'Send me on my way' (From Matilda! I'm watching it right now)
Observations: People hauling a canoe down to the lake haha
Craving: A trip to the library

No comments:

Post a Comment