Friday, April 15, 2011

Daily Dose

I used to feel empowered and that I could take on the world by myself. I loved to be challenged and take on anything without thinking about it. It's who I am, I rush into things without thinking with mottoes like 'go big or go home' and 'all or nothing'. But I hadn't really felt like that in a while, so in true 'Sammy' fashion my Dad sent me a whole bunch of motivational material that did the trick. Exams make me feel like shit and everyone needs a little dose of motivation/ a pick me up and today, I'm here to give it:
I was basically breastfed on this stuff, Dr. Seuss was my childhood.

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next
Amen.
- The Serenity Prayer by Reinhold Neibuhr





The housemates and I watched this on repeat for a good week, I know it's mean to laugh but it's so funny. Plus it reminds me of my little sister. Second child syndrome, totally.  
Too bad it's not Green Eggs and Ham, but I really want to turn up to an exam wearing this...
In reality I only have 1 sibling, my awesome baby sister, aka Ron Jeremy, but I actually have 4 brothers too. Looooong story, anyway, I'm at my second home this week and it brought back memories. I laugh my ass off every time I see this.
I agree
But then I find this hilarious too. Watch Megamind, it's clutch (my new word)
Thank you dad
My family is actually on their way to BOTSWANA today, remember last year when they went to Ethiopia, yeah they left me behind again haha. But, in all seriousness I'm excited for them and all the photos I'm going to get to live through. My mom feels pretty guilty talking about it and that I'm not going to be there with them, but I'm content to watch my dorky father on his bike in the desert and laugh. If you knew my dad, this pretty much sums him up... nerdster on his desert bike, so proud to have stayed on.

Anyway, all manners of Art History are calling my name. GOOD LUCK all you exammers out there and chin up. My dad says has this staple phrase that I've adopted...


- Life is good


And I wouldn't say it if I didn't mean it. BOOM!


Listening to: 'Everything in it's right place' - Radiohead
Observations: Have fun fam jam!!!
Craving: 249

1 comment:

  1. You make me cry, you know that?
    You are my pick-me-up :)
    Love forever.

    ReplyDelete