Thursday, April 28, 2011

What does your 29th of April have in store?

Well well well, after months and months of tabloid gossip, dramas and speculations the biggest day of the year (arguably) comes upon us tomorrow when Prince William of Wales marries Catherine 'Kate' Middleton. Is this event going to ruin April 29th for the rest of my years? As much as I'm happy for them, this whole Royal Wedding affair is taxing on my patience and I'm supremely bored of the whole media circus. You honestly couldn't pay me enough to wake up in the wee hours of the morning to watch it. 
Newest Wedding Portrait of the couple by Mario Testino

What will YOU be doing on the 29th of this month? I will be studying the remnants of my French course in preparation for my final exam and then, well I'll be celebrating with a nap, maybe get my helix/ cartilage pierced... and a beer while watching the latest NHL series. Ahhhhhhhhh can't wait.


Anyway, sidetracked. As much as I bemoan this wedding it is on most peoples' minds and so I mention it for the penultimate time. I say penultimate cause I want to see what dress Kate wears... that may deserve a post.


The last Royal wedding of this magnitude was on July 29th 1981 at St. Paul's Cathedral when William's mother Diana Spencer wed Charles Prince of Wales so it is understandable why this one it is such a big deal. Flashback 30 years ago and here is what 750 million people were watching.
The crowd outside Buckingham palace
Her arrival at St. Paul's and her dress with its massive train
Oh happy day, except the story didn't end extremely happily
Right so no-one knows what Kate will be wearing tomorrow as it is the best kept secret in all the land (insert sarcasm here). There has been so much speculation over her wedding dress I'm worried I'll be disappointed. All I know for sure is that it is a royal rule that the dress must be made by an English designer, use nothing but English threads, needles, textiles etc and be touched by only Englishmen (that last part I probably made up, but you get the gist of it). So, if you can't know what Kate is wearing, plan your own wedding get-up. Style.com has an amazing collection of looks and I pulled my favorites here.
Vivienne Westwood velvet 'portrait' dress and Chloe gold beaded clutch
Alexander McQueen 'Angel' dress and Young & Ng gold headpiece
Issa silk gown and Giambattista Valli silver cuff
Proenza Schouler 'Sibhori' gown and Lanvin cuff
Erdem 'Alice' dress and Leiber clutch
As I type away Westminster Abbey is being worked on 'round the clock to be transformed and recent images show it to look like a bright forest grove with 12 foot tall trees being installed inside.




Wow much?

And finally the hilarity continues as I found a collection of some of the most tacky wedding memorabilia known to man. Seriously mum put that tea towel with Will and Kate's face down! It's not funny, but it is...



I'm craving candy, but not that much. I'd feel way to cannibalistic
And these haven't sold out online because....?

At least I wouldn't be tempted to go near my fridge and I could be healthier
Downright creepy, on the plus side, all the women who wanna sleep with Will can do it now
Actually Pez I take it back, I would eat you over this hands down... here you go hon, just take a bit out of Kate's face... awks
And that my friends, is all I have to say about that. Have a good day and a good tomorrow. Almost FREEEEEEEE!

- Life is good



Listening to: 'Ocean' (live) - John Butler
Observations: It's so sunny, I want to read by the water
Craving: Chocolate

1 comment: